Car tyres can be quite expensive. Therefore, car owners need to know about the condition of their tyres before they make this investment and to make the most of your old tyres. At the same time, you cannot extend the life of your tyres because it can directly impact your vehicle’s braking and traction ability. To avoid spending more than necessary, you need to know exactly when it is time to get new tyres in Gold Coast.
Here are some steps you can take that will pinpoint if you need to replace your old ones with new tyres in Gold Coast:
• Make it a habit to inspect your car’s tyres after five years. During this time period, you need to take your vehicle to an expert auto mechanic for inspection and evaluation. The five-year range is the recommended ideal for most tyres. However, since the road conditions and the extent of driving for each vehicle varies greatly, you need to conduct inspection. In addition, proper care and maintenance can also extend the life span of your tyres. If you have given it the care it deserved, you should expect your tyres to be in good condition even after five years.
• While it is recommended that you have your tyres checked after five years, the ten-year period is the limit. At this point, you really have to replace your tyres without question!
• Check the tire tread. The tread plays an important role as it helps to divert water off the tire to improve traction even on wet road conditions. Ideally, the tire tread should not go below 1/16th of an inch or 1.6 mm in height. Anything beyond that is no longer considered safe or road-worthy.
• Check for any cracks, bulges or similar signs of damage. The tyre’s deflation results in bulges forming at the sides of the tyre. If you spot anything odd, you need to have it checked to assess the condition of your tyres.
• Make sure that the tyre pressure is within the standard. The tyre pressure deflates at a specific rate per month. Hence, you can perform a pressure test to determine if the tyre condition is good enough to maintain the right pressure level.
• Observe for signs of vibration. Is there a vibration on your vehicle or a thumping sound while you are driving? This could be resulting from your tyre that is either worn-out or have suspension issues. Whichever the case may be, it is important to have it checked to ensure a smooth and safe ride.
Aside from determining the signs that indicate you need new tyres in Gold Coast, another important question is whether or not all tyres should be replaced at once. It depends on what the auto mechanic has reported as part of the tyre evaluation. Not all tyres wear at the same time. Hence, it is possible that you might have to replace one or two tyres only. Again, whatever your decision is, make sure you have used the factors above to evaluate and honestly assess your tyre condition. In addition, it is important that a professional has checked your tyres to make an informed decision.