Moving your offices can be a very serious challenge but with the help of a professional office removalist in Brisbane, things can go smoothly as you go about tasks. One way to simplify things during the relocation is by developing an office relocation checklist that you can work with in order to make the move as smooth as possible.
Measures to Undertake Before Moving
Generally, this involves a great deal of planning and organization in order to get the best outcome from the process. Here are some of the important checklists that you can keep in mind in advance:
- Work out the layout of the office and where every person in the office will sit.
- Number each desk that will move into the office with every number representing the department or space where this desk will fit into. This will make it easy to identify your items when you are transferring them into the office space.
- If it is a cubicle-style office, then you can have these numbers assigned to the offices where the furniture will move into. For ease of sorting out the furniture pieces, it is advisable to sequentially number pieces of furniture which are adjacent to each other.
- Have a numbered floor plan matched to the members of staff who will be using the space. This will make moving easier, especially if you will be moving a large number of staff to your new office location.
- Label the communal spaces in the office in order to make the transition as smooth as possible.
- Work in advance with your IT teams in order to ensure that all the data and electrical connections in the office have been adequately catered for in readiness for your moving day.
- Confirm the accessibility considerations for the office removalist in Brisbane who will be moving your items into the office and then relay this information to them.
Clear communications is very important when you are planning to move offices. For example, you have to communicate clearly with the office removalist in Brisbane and send them clear information on the move including the numbered floor plans that you had prepared previously.
It is also important to communicate clearly with the staff members who will be moving into the office space. It is important that they are part of the moving process so that they can transition seamlessly into their new workspace. You can relay very clear instructions on how they can pack their items to make sure nothing is left behind during the move. You can also notify your staff of the new location and even send them a map indicating where the new office premises are situated.
During the move
What are some of the preparations that you should make during the move? Your checklist can include the following:
- Based on the scale of the move, it is generally advisable to have company staff coordinating the process at both locations and directing the office removalist in Sydney. For example, a staff member should be at the new location to meet the removalists while another should stay at the old location until the last of the items have been taken out.
- Power on your phones and computers only after everything has been moved into the office space. Generally, this will entail waiting until the next day before you can power on all the machines in the space. However, it is important to ensure that all the office machines have been connected the night before the staff members report.
- Make sure all the items in the office correspond to the previously assigned numbers. Nothing should be out of place. You certainly don’t want to lose some precious productivity time especially after losing important time during the move.